Wednesday, July 2, 2008

JOURNAL 6

This is a photo of the lady of my life- my granny. This picture was taken in Langkawi when we went there for a holiday. It was a family holiday where my cousins, aunts and uncles tagged along. It was a holiday to remember. The picture was taken by my father. She was reluctant and shy at first to snap a photo, but after much pasturing, she finally agreed. She’s wearing a dark blue Punjabi suit and a light blue head scarf. She’s very fair and young for her age. She’s 75!! The scenery in this picture is magnificent. The coconut tress stand tall to provide shades for visitors and the vast eye-catchy blue sky is pleasing to anyone. The crystal clear water makes you want to deep your feet in and never take it out. The water is so clear that you could see the little fishes swimming in it. There are plenty of beautiful sea shells and corals to die for.

My granny is my mother’s mom. She’s a lady with big heart. I usually spend my holidays in her place. She stays in Setapak Garden in Kuala Lumpur. A single storey house that would make anyone feels at home instantly. She cooks the best meal anyone could. Her fish and chicken curry, tomato purri, egg fried rice and tofu ketchup is honestly mouth watering. I am feeling hungry myself now. The other best part of spending my holidays over in granny’s place is that I don’t have to be awake early to clean the house, do the dishes or either wash the clothes. My granny would do all that even before I could be awake!! And it’s really pleasuring to not do house work once in a while :-)


No comments: